Recently named a Gartner Cool Vendor, ScaleArc is the leading provider of database load balancing software to enable zero downtime for apps in a database environment. The ScaleArc software inserts transparently between applications and databases, creating an agile data tier that provides continuous availability and increased performance for all apps. Our customers also gain instant database scalability and a new level of real-time visibility and control for databases, both on premise and in the cloud. ScaleArc customers include Microsoft, Dell, Virgin America, Autodesk, and Nasdaq. Learn more about ScaleArc, our customers, and our partners at www.ScaleArc.com.
Principal Engineer – Oracle and MS SQL Server DBA
Our current customers and prospects include:
• Web 2.0 companies including SaaS, e-commerce, content and media portals
• Large/medium enterprises in retail, healthcare and insurance services, financial services, technology, and other verticals
• Cloud hosting service providers
ScaleArc is headquartered at Santa Clara, CA with an R&D facility in Mumbai and Pune, India, and is backed by Accel Partners, Trinity Ventures, and Nexus Venture Partners. Please visit http://www.ScaleArc.com for more details.
At ScaleArc, engineering is solving hard technical problems while innovating cool, customer-focused, big data products. We are a product-driven company where engineers are valued and empowered to influence product strategy, and propose and drive product initiatives. They work with the field/ customers to identify and address
problems, gather requirements, and build innovative solutions.
ScaleArc engineers are encouraged to explore and pursue opportunities to learn and grow. We celebrate teamwork, excel at collaboration, and enjoy sharing knowledge and experiences. We follow agile processes to not only keep us resilient but also focused and productive to create high-quality products on time.
Our team includes engineers and technical leaders from companies such as Oracle, IBM, Cisco, Sybase, Symantec, Citrix, EnterpriseDB, ParAccel, Delphix, NeoPath Networks, NetScalar, CloudVelocity, to name a few. We have deep expertise in distributed/ cluster systems, databases, storage, networking, massively scalable highperformance web platforms, cloud, virtualization, big-data analytics, user interfaces, and more.
We are building an amazing global engineering culture to fuel company’s growth and invite you to be a part of the revolution!
Data access at massive concurrency and scale offers unique performance, availability, and manageability challenges. Our database traffic load balancer product is designed to address those challenges and deliver unprecedented value to our customers. As a resident DBA within engineering you will bring the real world user/ application perspective to help define, design and build better products at ScaleArc. You will propose and configure real-world database and applications scenarios with ScaleArc that would be used by the Engineering and Support teams to also reproduce, understand, and resolve critical scalability, availability, performance, and other features related issues found by enterprise customers.
For this role our ideal candidate is someone who has worked with and deployed massively concurrent and scalable database and applications environments at fortune 500 companies and is now looking to be a part of world-class engineering team. The candidate must be fluent in deploying and administering Oracle and MS SQL Server databases and applications.
You must love the problems of data at scale and bring deep insights into managing highly optimized access to structured (relational) as well as unstructured data. You must thrive in a fast paced, high-energy, startup environment. You must be motivated to make aggressive commitments and deliver disruptive high-quality products to market on time. Innovation and technology must excite you, as must a disciplined, process-oriented product development. You must be comfortable collaborating with, and driving offshore teams.
This position is based in Mumbai, Pune and reports to the Director of Engineering, India.
• 8 to 12 years of DBA experience of large Oracle and MSSQL Server database and applications deployments.
• Expertise in deploying, configuring and using related database technologies such as Oracle RAC, ONS, TAF, FCF, Data Guard, Golden Gate, Veritas Cluster Server, AlwaysOn, and more.
• Solid understanding of relational databases and applications scenarios
• SQL programming and scripting on Unix and Windows platforms
• Knowledge of virtualization (VM) technologies and cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Azure, etc.) desirable.
• Working experience of storage and network configuration, HTTP Caching/Proxies, and Web traffic acceleration techniques and technologies a great plus.
• Expertise to debug and troubleshoot complex software systems.
• Bachelor’s degree (in CS or Engineering) or higher.
• High energy and motivation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to lead technical discussions and mentor other engineers
We offer market-competitive benefits as well as generous stock options.