In today’s technology-driven world, let’s face it – it’s all about the applications. We depend on apps for just about everything we do. If an app isn’t performing as it should be or isn’t available when we need it, productivity comes to a halt. Today’s way of delivering apps no longer works – organizations are stuck with rigid architectures that compromise application availability and performance, create massive inefficiencies, and prevent the business from keeping up with growing demands.
Would you like to join us and lead the charge in delivering availability and scalability to the database world? Do you have a passion for delivering world-class IT infrastructure products? Then join the ScaleArc! ScaleArc is changing the game. We make phenomenal software that instantly transforms application and database infrastructure to accelerate application delivery – whether you are talking about pure performance, time to market for new apps, higher availability, or migration to the cloud. But don’t take our word for it:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across all functions to make our business grow and flourish. Join us on this journey, and help us create the world of the future. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
As the Senior Product Manager you are responsible for managing the entire product lifecycle for existing and new product development and enhancement initiatives. You translate marketplace needs and engineering innovation into cohesive short-¬‐term and long-¬‐term plans and own the tactical and strategic implementation of the plans. As part of your role, you serve as the internal and external product expert and provide detailed information to support sales and customers.
• Knowledgeable about various applications and database protocols (MySQL/SQL server/Oracle) used in enterprises
• Work closely with engineering on execution of the roadmap and product releases
• Identify new opportunities for application specific acceleration. Drive product success into vertical markets addressed by these applications
• Define and manage the roadmap for ScaleArc software
• Influence the engineering team and executive management, drive product priorities and lead cross-functional product teams
• Write product requirements documents (PRDs), working closely with sales and customers to validate the product definition
• Work with customers and sales to drive successful introduction of the product(s) to the market
• Develop collateral to communicate product value proposition to customers/analysts
Education and Work Experience:
• 8+ years engineering and/or product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities for successful database, networking, storage, network security product company, or similar
• Experience working with various database, networking, distributed computing, storage products and applications, for example, Oracle, Symantec, TCP proxies, load balancers, SSL VPN
• Experience working HA technologies, Connection management, Load balancing, Caching
• Experience with MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle/Postgres is necessary, NoSQL experience would be a plus
• Experience working on DBaaS, cloud hosting including AWS, Azure, Rackspace etc.
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to do whatever is required to help ensure our success
• Ability to think on your feet, and quickly make well-reasoned decisions even with a lack of data
• Ability to effectively interact with, and establish immediate credibility with, the sales force, customers, CTO and the engineering team
• Travel between India and US locations as necessary
• Enthusiasm for the startup environment; Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• BE/BS in Engineering (Computer Science or equivalent). MBA or MS is highly desirable.
• ScaleArc employees are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. ScaleArc is a high-energy start-up, with a very open work culture, and is looking for people who thrive in that environment.